Thursday, August 2, 2012

Totally Unintended Hiatus

The garden as of several weeks ago - radishes, kale, bush beans, yellow squash, basil, thyme, several varieties of hot pepper and lemon cucumbers

No, you're not imagining it, I haven't updated the blog in over six months. It's terrible. I know. Life has been busy: I went on vacation with my family (in Hawaii!), wrote a manuscript for peer-review at work, went to a conference in Florida, started working on the prospectus for my dissertation, visited my family again (this time in California), got revisions (significant revisions) back for my manuscript, planted a garden, joined a gym and started multiple knitting projects. And I cooked a lot. I will try to highlight the successes soon - I took a Thai cooking class which got me really excited to take more cooking classes, experimented with a gazillion different dry rubs for salmon, cooked a Passover dinner for eight (I even custom painted my own seder plate!) and am still trying to get my bread to rise just right.
Sliced watermelon radishes from my garden


No comments: