Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Quick Yogurt Veggie Dip

It's one of those nights when I already ate half of a vegetarian hawaiian pizza (replace the canadian bacon with peppadew or piquillo peppers) and was still hungry and didn't want to eat the rest of the pizza because then I wouldn't have any for lunch tomorrow. Ever have one of those days? But I did have carrots and celery and one last radish left in my fridge and I needed some veggies in my system. Not being a rabbit, I'm no fan of plain, raw veggies and it just so happened I also had half of a cup of plain greek yogurt in the fridge as well. A little googling and blending later and I had some quick yogurt veggie dip. 
QUICK YOGURT VEGGIE DIP
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt'
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp white or black pepper
2-3 tsp of whatever dried herb you like
1 tsp white vinegar 
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
I used dried fresh thyme (yes it makes sense: I picked it out of the garden yesterday and it dried overnight hanging in my kitchen), dill and fennel seeds. I think dill tastes especially good in this. I may add a little horseradish next time for a kick.

PS: What the F is with blogger inserting links in my posts that I don't want and can't change? Sorry about that, will think about changing platforms soon.

No comments: