Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Stitch Goes On

In a flu-delerium fueled push, I finished TWO knitting projects in the last few weeks: my celtic cable neckwarmer and a diagonal lace pattern scarf that I started uh... over a year ago at a knitting circle put together by my friend and knitting guru, Amanda. Now I'm visiting my parents who just got back from Madrid and what kind of souvenir did they bring back for me? A scarf!! I definitely have scarf overload now so if I start any more they most absolutely must be gifts for someone.



The celtic cable pattern did show me that cables are a lot easier than they look! OK, I did have to rip out the first few rows several times before I got the hang of reading from a pattern but once I got in the groove it went really quickly and I am feeling inspired to try more cool-looking patterns.

I am actually working on a gift now, a 'chain link' pattern hat, but I can't say for who because then it would ruin the surprise! I chose a merino/mohair blend in a pretty teal color and I am thinking of doing a swirl hat with the leftovers and the leftover seafoam alpaca from the neckwarmer once I'm done. I did realize after I started though that this might not be the ideal yarn - it is a single ply which I now see doesn't show off the pattern as well as a multiple-ply yarn might. Oh well: Live and learn!

PS: Are you a knitting nerd? Are you on Ravelry.com? Be my friend - bonbr :)

No comments: